M.Com | Master of Commerce | Admission, Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
M.Com | Master of Commerce | Admission, Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee, Career, Top Institutes: Hello friends I am Tahir Hassan and welcome back to Apply Exam Website. Today I am here with one such master’s degree course which can be a good choice for those who have just completed their Bachelor’s in Commerce and are more inclined toward a Master’s degree in the same field and are not interested to divert from the stream they have selected for the under graduation.
|M.Com | Master of Commerce|
I think you all have guessed it right. I am talking about the Masters of Commerce course. In this article, you will get all the necessary information about M.Com like:-
- What exactly M.Com course is?
- What are the eligibility conditions required to pursue an M.Com course?
- What are the basic skills required to complete the M.Com course successfully?
- What is the syllabus of the M.Com course?
- How to get admission to the M.Com course?
- What are the fees of the M.Com course?
- What are the Career Prospects and job opportunities after completion of the M.Com course?
- What is the expected salary after the completion of the M.Com degree?
- Which are the top recruiters of M.Com degree holders and much more?
So, guys let us start with a very basic question and that question is what exactly the M. Com Course is?
What Exactly M.Com course is?
M.Com or Master of Commerce is a 2-year degree program that enables you to grow in the corporate and finance sectors of the industry. M.Com degree mainly focuses on accounting, commerce and economics related subjects, particularly aimed at students who are interested in research and teaching.
It generally covers the study of macroeconomics, accounting, business principles and other related subjects. Some of the specializations that you can choose from in your Masters of Commerce program are:
- Accounting & Finance
- Statistics, Banking, Economics, Taxation, Insurance, Marketing
- International Business Operations
- Actuarial Studies
- Corporate Governance and
- Human Resource Management etc.
Now when you are well aware of the Masters of Commerce course you would be interested to know about the required Eligibility Conditions to join this Course?
- M.Com | Master of Commerce | Admission, Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
- BA English Honours - Eligibility, Syllabus, Admission, Career, Fee and Top Institutes
- Neurosurgeon - How to become a Neurosurgeon? - Eligibility, Institutes, Career Prospects and Salary
- M.Sc Geology Course Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
M.Com Course Eligibility
Those students who have completed their graduation in commerce stream from a recognized institute or university are eligible to take admission in the Masters of commerce course.
However, some institutes may also demand a certain minimum percentage of marks at graduation level that can be anywhere between 50% to 55%.
Some universities also accept the graduation degree with Business or Management studies or Honors in Economics for admission into this course. Along with fulfilling these eligibility conditions, you must have a certain set of required skills to be able to do this 2 years M.Com course successfully like:-
- The foremost required skill for doing this course is the ability to play with numbers and figures.
- You should also have strong analytical and creative thinking along with the ability to remember facts and figures.
- You should have strong verbal and writing ability to communicate easily.
- You should have strength in mathematics and have knowledge of the banking and finance sector.
- You should have leadership skills, the ability to work with a team, and familiarity with industry standards.
If you are really looking to take admission in M.Com then the knowledge of its admission process is a must?
Admissions Process M.Com
Admissions to M.Com is usually provided based on marks secured at the Under Graduate level. However, some of the reputed commerce institutes provide admission to this course based on the rank secured in the entrance exam conducted at the institute, university or state level.
Some of the popular M.Com Entrance Exams that are taken by various reputed institutes to provide admission to their M.Com degree course are:
- DUET- Delhi University Entrance Test
- BHU PET- Banaras Hindu University Post-graduate Entrance Test
- CUCET- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test
- PUCET PG- Punjab University Common Entrance Test for Post-graduates and
- AUCET- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
Syllabus of M. Com Degree Course
Now let me tell you about the syllabus of M.Com degree courses as the knowledge of the syllabus of the Course may be an added advantage for the aspirants of this course several subjects are offered in the M.Com course, however, during the first year of the program, the same set of M.Com subjects are taught to the students in all the course specializations.
In the second year, students opting for specialization have to choose a set of elective subjects that are offered in the Master of Commerce course.
M.Com Semester-1 Subjects
- Organizational Behavior
- Monetary System
- Consumer Behavior and Marketing Research
- Macro Economics for Business Decisions
M.Com Semester-2 Subjects
- Human Resource Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- Business Environment
- Operations Research and Quantitative Techniques
M.Com Semester-3 Subjects
- International Business
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Elective Paper-I
- Elective Paper-II
- Elective Paper-III
M.Com Semester-4 Subjects
- Elective Paper-IV
- Elective Paper-V
- Elective Paper-VI
- Project Report
- Viva-Voice Elective Subjects that you can choose from are
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Bank Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Financial Bank Management
- Financial Markets
- Human Resource Management
- International Finance
- Investment Management
- Research Methodology in Commerce
Here I would like to bring to your notice that it is a generalized syllabus of the M.Com Exam and the syllabus of a particular institute providing this course may differ slightly.
Now you would like to know about the fee structure of the M.Com course?
Fee structure of M.Com course
The M.Com course fee may vary from institute to institute depending upon the genre and the reputation of the institute. Like it can be anywhere near Rs.40,000 to Rs.60,000 per year in the government institutes whereas the course fee for the same course in private institutes can be anywhere between Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum.
Now let me tell you about some of the Top institutes providing M.Com degree courses in India-
IF you are looking for some of the best Government M.Com Institutes then you can go for- •
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Hindu College, Delhi. Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- Delhi School of Economics, Delhi
- University Business School, Chandigarh and
- Ramjas College, Delhi etc.
And if you want to join some of the best Private M. Com Institutes then you can go for-
- Christ College
- Stella Maris college
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce
- St. Joseph College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Women's Christian College, Chennai
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Loyola College, Chennai and
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Career Prospects and Job Opportunities after M.Com course
Due to Globalization and Industrialization, there has been a spurt increase in the demand for Commerce professionals in general and M.Com Degree holders in particular.
This has increased the Career prospects and job opportunities for M.Com degree holders not only in the private sector but also in the government sector. The program is generally focused on different disciplines like accounting, actuarial science, business management, corporate governance, human resource management, economics, statistics, finance, marketing or supply chain management.
There are many more career options present for you in the field of finance as well. So after M.Com, you can seek jobs that may include:
- Banking and finance
- Electronic marketing
- Funds management
- Management consulting and
- Stock Broking etc.
- AS - Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Bank Manager
- Business Analyst
- Chartered Accountant
- Finance Consultant
- Finance Executive, Manager and Analyst
- Insurance Agent, and
- Investment Banker
In the government sector, students can crack various employment exams like Bank PO and Clerk Exam. LIC AAO Exam, Staff Selection Commission Exam, UGC NET or even State Public Service Commission and Union Public Service Commission Exam and get good posts in various public sector organizations.
Those who are interested in Academics or research can go for higher degrees like a PhD in related subjects and find employment in educational institutes or go for research work.
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the Top Recruiting companies that you can think of joining after completing your M.Com are:
- Private Banks like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and IDFC First Bank
- NBFCs Like Bajaj Capital, AB Capital and L and T Finance Holding
- Insurance companies like Nippon Life, Max and Birla Sunlife
Public Sector Banks, Related departments like Income Tax Department, Revenue department, Excise departments of state and central government and other related government organizations along with various international organization like the world bank and IMF etc.
Salary After Doing M. Com Course
Now, the most eagerly asked question and that question is what are the expected pay packages or Salary after doing M. Com Course:-
M.Com course provides ample career opportunities with good salary packages. After the completion of an M.Com degree from a reputed institute, students can expect to get anything between Rs.3.6 lakh to 4.8 Lakh to start with.
After some job experience and expertise in the field, this pay package can reach as high as Rs.6 Lakh to 8 Lakh per annum. Whereas salary or pay package in government sector will largely depend upon the organization you have joined and the post you have attained.
It may also vary from state to state and in the central government departments. So, guys that are all about the Master of Commerce course.
I hope you like this post. If it is really so please hit the share and comment button. We will be back with articles on such informative Topics. Thank you for reading.