M.Sc Geology Course Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
Hello, friends I am Tahir Hassan welcome back to ApplyExam Website. if you are fascinated by the natural world around you and have wondered why some places are flat others have deserts and others have mountains. What forces are forming these features on the earth's surface and how they have formed in the natural world then you are reading the right post at the right time.
A detailed article on a course in geology might be a great benefit for you and If you are thinking about getting one the options are endless in this article, I am going to tell you about the master of science in geology course by the end of this article, you will be able to get answers to all of your burning questions like:
- What exactly M.Sc Geology course is?
- What are the required eligibility conditions to do an M.Sc Geology course?
- What are the skills required to do an M.Sc Geology course?
- How to join the M.Sc Geology course?
- Which are the various exams that can help you get admission to the M.Sc Geology course?
- What is the syllabus of the M.Sc Geology course?
- What is the fee structure of the M.Sc Geology course?
- Which are the various government and private institutes offering M.Sc Geology courses?
- What are the career prospects and job opportunities after completion of the M.Sc Geology course?
- Which are the top recruiters of M.Sc Geology degree holders?
- What is the expected salary or pay package after doing an M.Sc Geology degree and much more?
So guys let us start with a very basic question and that question is what exactly the M.Sc Geology course is?
What Is M.Sc Geology Course?
|M.Sc Geology Course|
M.Sc Geology or Master of Science in Geology is a two-year postgraduate Geology Course. It is a branch of science that covers the study of the solid earth and the processes by which earth is changed and Shaped. M.Sc Geology is a course that is completely based on knowledge based on one's knowledge of the geographical aspects of the earth.
M.Sc Geology Course Eligibility
As far as educational qualification is concerned you must have passed B. sc with Geology and the combination of any two subjects physics, chemistry, mathematics, botany, zoology, environmental science as main subjects.
Some colleges may also demand a certain minimum percentage of marks that can be anywhere between aggregate marks like 50 percent to 60 percent in bachelor's degree. However the eligibility criteria might differ a bit from college to college, so it is always advisable to go through the latest prospectus of the college where you are going to apply along with fulfilling these eligibility conditions.
You must have a certain set of skills to be able to do two-year geology courses like:
- You must be able to generate, analyze and summarize data as well as comprehend complex and multi-dimensional problems
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to apply them to several situations
- You should be able to use effective qualitative and quantitative techniques and packages to prepare, process, analyze and present data
- You should have problem-solving and lateral thinking skills as well as self-motivation and endurance teamwork skills and the ability to function independently
M.Sc Geology Course Admission Process
The admission to this course is provided by two basic methods.
- Some institutes provide admission based on marks obtained in the qualifying exam
- Whereas most of the reputed institutes use the other method in which the admission is provided based on Rank obtained in the entrance exam conducted at the institute university or state level
- BhuPesh Bhansali VidyaPith Entrance Exam
- Mumbai University Entrance Exam
Syllabus of M.Sc Geology CourseThe two years full-time M.Sc Geology course has been divided into four semesters with the duration of six months each the embassy geology's labels include subjects like
- Economics geology
- Natural Resource Management Dissertations etc
M.Sc Geology semester 1 Subjects
- Geochemical thermodynamics
- Crystal optics and X-ray Crystallography
- Structural Geology and Lab Practical
M.Sc Geology semester 2 subjects
- Remote Sensing
- Igneous Petrology
- Mining Geology
- Petrology Sedimentary Petrology
- Lab Practical and Field Work
M.Sc Geology semester 3 subjects
- Engineering and Groundwater Geology or Petrology
- Statistical methods in Geology and Solid Earth
- Exploration Geophysics
M.Sc Geology semester 4 subjects
- Economic Geology
- Geological and Geochemical Prospecting Mineral Fuel Resources
- Stratigraphy and Indian Geology and Elective for Project
Fee Structure of M.Sc Geology course
The average fee for the M.Sc Geology course ranges from rupees 50 000 to rupees 80 000 per annum in the government universities and in private universities fee varies from rupees 2 lakhs to 6 lakhs annually. The fee structure slightly varies according to the university which one wants to study.
Top M.Sc Geology Institutes of India
If you are looking for some of the best government institutes then you can go for
- Gambit Institute of Science
- Aurangabad College of Science Technology and Agriculture
- Calcutta Huntsvats college
- Delhi Presidency College
- Ferguson College Pune
- KJ Samaya college of science and commerce
- Mumbai saint Xavier's college
- Mumbai Christ college
- MG science institute Ahmedabad and
- Paarl institute of applied sciences Vadodra etc
What are the carrier prospects and job opportunities after the completion of an M.Sc Geology degree?
There are excellent career prospects and ample job opportunities after the completion of the M.Sc Geology course, besides getting a good position in the private and corporate sector as consultants, surveyors and explorers.
M.Sc Geology degree holder can find employment with geology survey of India and the central ground waters board by clearing an examination conducted by the union public service commission.
They can get employment with companies such as oil and natural gas commission, Hindustan zinc limited, Coal India Mineral Exploration Limited, oil and natural gas commission etc.
The national geophysical research institute at Hyderabad and the national institute of oceanography in GOA also provide employment to M.Sc Geology degree holders.
Those who are more inclined towards the field of education and research can go for a higher degree in the field and take up research studies and are aided financially.
The exam conducted by CSIR, you might also consider joining the paramilitary forces which are still in the need of geologists.
Salary After Doing M.Sc Geology course
The salaries after an M.Sc Geology degree vary greatly, depending upon the sector you have decided to choose as well as on the organization you have joined.
In the private sector average starting salary of a Master of Science in Geology degree holder can vary somewhere between rupees is 3.6 lakh to rupees 4.8 lakhs annually. However, one who has relevant industry experience and skills can expect to get 6 lakhs to rupees 12 lakhs per annum.
The pay package of those who have decided to join the government sector depends largely upon the position and prevailing pay scale in the organization.
M.Sc Geology course expands the career scope and job opportunities, if you have a passion for research and exploration, then you can pursue the master of science in geology degree and make good care in this field. So guys that's all about the M.Sc Geology course. I hope you like this article.