ICAI represents the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). ICAI Exams and Registrations for all levels are held twice a year. The ICAI exam is usually held in May and November. However, in 2021 May ICAI Exams were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and clubbed with November exams. The ICAI conducts the CA exam at three levels – Foundation, Intermediate and Final. Candidates who clear all the three levels are certified as Chartered Accountants.
To practice CA professionally and legally, one has to clear all three levels of the Chartered Accountancy course. Normally, it takes 3 - 4 years to complete a CA course. Many students are unable to clear all the three levels in the first attempt so they go for second, third attempts to clear all the levels. Candidates can pursue CA after class 12th.
Students after class 12 have to undergo a four months study period after registration to appear in the ICAI exam.
What is ICAI Exam?
The ICAI exam, also known as CA exams, is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for aspirants of the Chartered Accountancy profession in India. The exam is conducted at different levels as per the CA courses.
For being certified as a Chartered Accountant, candidates have to qualify in all the levels of ICAI examinations. The University Grants Commission on March 15 announced that CA Qualification will be treated equivalent to Post Graduate Degree based on requests submitted from the ICAI.
There are three levels in the CA course. Given below are the names of CA courses in order of first to third.
- CA Foundation course examination (four papers)
- CA Intermediate examination (eight papers based on New Syllabus and eight papers based on Old Syllabus)
- CA Final examination (eight papers based on New Syllabus and 8 papers based on Old Syllabus)
ICAI Exam December 2021
|Exam Name||ICAI Exam, CA CPT, CA IPCC, CA Final|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||Two hours|
|Exam Purpose||Training and Certifying Chartered Accountants in India|
|Course Offered||Chartered Accountancy|
|No. of Test Cities||192 cities in India and 8 cities abroad|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 419 2929|
- IELTS Exam - IELTS Exam Preparation for Beginners
- IGNOU Admission 2022 - Online Application Process Begins for January Session
- IGNOU Assignment 2022 -Check IGNOU Assignment Status, FrontPage, Submission, Question and Paper Marks
- IGNOU Hall Ticket December 2021 - Hall Ticket Dec 2021
- M.Com | Master of Commerce | Admission, Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
- BA English Honours - Eligibility, Syllabus, Admission, Career, Fee and Top Institutes
- IGNOU Courses List - Getting Quality Education Through IGNOU Courses
ICAI CA Exam Dates 2021
|1||Principles & Practice Of Accounting||13th December 2021||2.00 pm to 5.00 pm||3 Hours|
|2||Section A – Business Laws||15th December 2021||2.00 pm to 5.00 pm||3 Hours|
|3||Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics||17th December 2021||2.00 pm to 5.00 pm||3 Hours|
|4||Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge||19th December 2021||2.00 pm to 5.00 pm||3 Hours|