Indian Forest Service Exam 2023: Indian Forest Services Exam 2023 is one of the three All India Services, the other two are Indian Police Services and Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts the IFS exam every year and next year, the UPSC IFS 2023 prelims examination will be held on the same day as the civil services prelims exam will be organised. The IFS Notification 2023 exam date is 3rd June. The IFS Application Form 2023 submission process will begin on 7th February and last until 6th March.
The IFS Admit Card 2023 will be issued just 15 days earlier than the UPSC 2023 examination. Candidates who will appear for the examination must have to carry the admit card. Otherwise, the security at the entrance of the IFS exam centre will not permit any candidate without a hall ticket. Check the URL to download or print the admit card which will be revealed on the official web page.
Just after the exam, the main requirement of the aspirants who appeared for the test is to get the IFS answer key 2023 which will be uploaded on the page after two or three weeks days. The IFS result 2018 declaration will take time as the process is not so easy.
The aspirants who will qualify for the exam must have to appear for the interview to avail of the recruitment. The IFS interview will be held for those aspirants who will pass the main exam. Once the interview gets over, the commission will publish a merit list of IFS final result 2023 according to which the contenders will then call for training.
Indian Forest Services Exam 2023 – IFS Exam 2023
The Indian Forest Services Exam acronym as IFS Exam is taken by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruiting officers for the Indian forest service. Indian Forest Service Exam 2023 is one such exam that can help you become a forest service officer and serve the nation in fact the whole world by managing and supervising the forest of the country and directly and indirectly saving the earth from various natural calamities that earth has to face in the absence of dense forest.
|Indian Forest Services Exam – IFS Exam 2023
Here we provide you with some basic details of this important exam taken by UPSC like What is Indian forest services Exam, eligibility, syllabus, Exam Pattern, How to Apply, Registration Fee, and Main Test Centres of IFS Exam.
Indian Forest Services Exam – IFS Exam Overview
The Indian Forest Services Exam acronym as IFS Exam is taken by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruiting officers for the Indian Forest Services. The Indian forest service officers recruited through UPSC play a crucial role in managing and supervising the country’s forest reserves and wildlife.
Eligibility Indian Forest Services Exam – IFS Exam
Educational Qualification: As far as educational qualification is concerned the aspiring candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in at least one of the subjects namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary Science, or holds a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Forestry or Agriculture or in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery.
Age Limits: As far as age limits are concerned the aspiring candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August of the year in which the exam is being held.
The upper age limit is relaxed for the candidates who belong to the reserve categories like for
- For SCST 5 years
- For OBC 3 years
- For Defence Services Personnel
- For Disabled 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen 5 years
The candidate must be either a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East Africa.
IFSExam Pattern – Indian Forest Services Exam
The IFS examination consists of two successive stages i.e IFS preliminary examination and IFS Mains Examination.
IFS Preliminary Examination
- IFS Preliminary Examination consists of two papers i.e General Studies and CSAT which is Civil Services Aptitude Test.
- Both the papers will be objective type having a maximum of 200 marks each
- Completed in 2 hours time, disabled candidates would be allowed an extra 20 minutes of time for each paper
- The medium of examination will be English and Hindi and 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The preliminary examination will be a qualifying paper with the minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. Those candidates who will score the qualifying marks in the first stage will get admission to the main exam.
IFS Mains Examination
The Mains examination consists of two sections are written exam and an interview. The mains written examination consists of six descriptive type exams consisting of a total of 1400 marks to be completed in 3 hours.
The candidates have to select the two optional subjects from the given list below
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Also, note that all the papers in the main written examination are of conventional type and all the papers must be answered in the English language. Only the commission will fix the qualifying marks and only qualified candidates can go for the next round of interviews.
The aspiring candidate will be interviewed by a board of competent and unbiased observers, the aim of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the service.
This interview for personality test consists of 300 maximum marks, and the marks obtained by the candidate in the mains examination is written part as well as their interview part would determine their final rankings
Syllabus of Indian Forest Service Exam – IFS Exam
The preliminary examination consists of two papers that is Paper-I and Paper-II
|Comprehension of given passages
|Usage and Vocabulary
Paper-II General Knowledge – (300 Marks)
The General Knowledge paper includes the knowledge of current events, matters of everyday observation, and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
This paper will also include questions on Indian Politics including the political system and the Constitution of India, the History of India and the Geography of nature.
Paper-III, Paper-IV, Paper-V, and Paper-VI – (200 Marks for each paper)
Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects mentioned in the exam pattern. Each subject will have two papers.
How to apply for Indian Forest Service Exam – IFS Exam
You can apply for Indian Forest Service Exam by following certain steps
- First of all, you have to visit the official exam portal of the UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in
- There you will find out a link for an application form named as Indian forest services exam or IFS exam click on it
- After clicking you will be directed to the application form of the examination that you have to register yourself
- You have to enter your basic details like candidate name, parents or guardian names, date of birth, postal address, valid and active mobile number, and email address, and qualification background etc
- Fill out all the details carefully and correctly
- Then you have to upload the scanned copies of your passport size photograph and running hand Signature
- Once you upload the photograph and signature then click on the submit button
- Before submission cross-check all the details you entered
- After that, you have to pay the examination fee
- You can pay by two modes that are the online and offline mode
- In online or electronic mode you can pay your application fee by using the visa master rupee, credit, debit card, net banking facility of the state bank of India
- In offline mode when you choose the pay by cash mode system will generate pay in slip called challan
- This challan is payable at any branch of the sbi across the country
Registration Fee for Indian Forest Service Exam – IFS Exam
The registration fee for this exam is Rupees 200/- for General and OBC category candidates and there is no fee for the SC or SD category candidates.
Indian Forest Services Exam Test Centres
Indian forest services exam is usually taken at
- Port Blair and Shimla
If you have a strong desire to make your career in the field of forestry then taking and clearing this Indian Forest Service Exam 2023 can really provide wings to your career in Forest Services.