TAFCOP Consumer Portal is a website run by the Government of India to reduce the issues of fraudulence through telecom services. The Full Form Of TAFCOP is Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection. The official website of TAFCOP Consumer Portal is Tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in. Telecommunications Department, also known as DOT has started the TAFCOP Consumer Portal so that essential steps are to be taken to reduce telecom fraudulence. According to the new rule, an individual or any User can get a maximum of 9 Mobile Numbers in his or her identity.
TAFCOP Consumer Portal
The Indian Government has launched a number of rules and regulations for telecom Consumers through the Tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in Portal. One of the important rules launched is that an individual cannot avail of bulk mobile connections that are more than 9 connections on his or her identity. There are also other similar rules such as you have to verify your residential details through call and dealing in pre-activated SIM cards will be considered a criminal offence that will lead to a fine of Rs. 50,000.
Consumers can go through the full list of instructions and regulations by DoT by clicking on this direct link https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/.
There are also rules made for foreigners who visit India and get a SIM card for their stay duration. In order to maintain the decorum of these rules, one of the best ways for the consumers is to get registered on the TAFCOP Portal.
The portal service is new and is operational only in some of the Indian states such as Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Rajasthan, and Kerala.
See Also :
Benefits of TAFCOP Portal
Consumers should check out the TAFCOP portal to avail a number of benefits and some of the most important ones are listed here.
- If you have got more than 9 SIM cards, you will get an intimation SMS on your registered number.
- Consumers who have applied for more than nine connections can take necessary actions through the portal to avoid penalties.
- Also, the consumers can check the status of connections through the portal by providing appropriate details.
Check TAFCOP Portal Status
Checking your connection status on the TAFCOP portal is quite easy and convenient.
- On the homepage, you have to enter your mobile number and click on Request OTP.
- Verify the OTP that you received on your mobile number and you will get a list of numbers that you are currently registered in your name.
Apart from getting the list of connections that you have on your name, you can also avail of other services such as taking necessary actions such as stopping a number or so on accordingly. There are also other options to use such as reporting a number if you think that you have not applied for it.
There are so many times when an individual is not aware that fraudulent activity is taking place through his or her documents. The DoT authorities have taken an eminent step to not just reduce such fraudulence but also to let the consumers know when they are involved in such a situation. As you enter your number, the TAFCOP Portal
offers you a wide range of things that you can make use of to make sure that you are following the rules made by the Department.
TAFCOP Instructions on Verification of New Mobile Subscribers
TAFCOP Verification of New Mobile Subscribers Instructions,
1. As per the directions contained in the judgment and order dated 27.04.2012 rendered by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in WP(C) No. 285/2010, a joint expert committee was constituted in the DoT (TAF-COP). After taking into consideration the recommendations made by the Committee, the instructions have been finalized and the same are being issued through this letter.
2. This has reference to the CMTS/UAS License condition which inter alia provides that “The LICENSEE shall ensure adequate verification of each and every customer before enrolling him as a consumer; instructions issued by the licensor in this regard from time to time shall be scrupulously followed.”
3. It has been decided that instructions in respect of verification of consumers mentioned herein shall be strictly followed by the Service Providers. These instructions shall be in supersession of the following instructions issued on the subject and shall be effective three months from the date of issue unless otherwise mentioned in the letter
4. Activation of new mobile connection: A passport size photograph of the consumer should be pasted on the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) and the documents as proof of identity (Pol) and proof of address (POA) of the consumer shall be attached with the CAF, as per the instructions applicable from time to time.
5. The person at the point of Sale (POS) shall get the CAF duly filled and signed (CAF, Photo & documents attached) by the consumer with a date. In the case of an illiterate person, the CAF may be filled by a person at the point of sale but the thumb impression of the consumer may be taken on CAF, Photo & documents attached. A unique number should be assigned to every CAF on receipt of the same in the warehouse and in the case before activation of SIM.
6. The consumer shall be provided with a counterfoil/receipt of the details of the Pol & PoA clearly mentioning the name of consumer, Mobile number applied for, CAF Number, type of Pol/Poa, issuing authority, date of issue and a serial number of Pol/PoA document duly signed with a stamp of Pos.
7. The authorized person at the PoS shall record in the CAF that he has seen the consumer and matched the photograph attached to the CAF with the consumer and verified his copies of documents of proof of address and proof of identity attached with the CAF with the original and shall put his signature on the CAF & all attached documents (along with full name & stamp containing address). For this purpose, sufficient space should be provided in the CAF.